Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Cold War.

The Cold War was a rather interesting part of American History. However, I think that the Cold War was a part of history that was not especially great in American History as well. There was a lot of paranoia in the United States, and in my opinion the freedoms of residents of the United States were violated by the government and the people that were scared of the communists. Senator McCarthy violated the rights of the citizens during the red scare and during the time of the Cold War. Personally, I think that this is inexcusable. There is no reason for these actions to be excused, in my opinion Sen. McCarthy's actions should be taken only in extreme actions. I believe that the Cold War and Red Scare evolved into a violation of rights and liberties that should not be tolerated. Senator McCarthy tried to find Communists in the United States of America that were a threat during the war and during the red scare in which everyone was afraid of communists. However, McCarthy did not have good methods when he was trying to find communists in the country, and he invaded the privacy of many people when trying to find the communists.

3 comments:

  1. I really agree with you when it comes to the red scare it seemed like the part two of it. Also I really agree with your statement when you said there was a lot of paranoia over the USSR. It was interesting to see both these super powers to compete with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with you that the Cold War was not a good thing that happened in America. I also consider your opinion when you say it is inexcusable that Senator McCarthy violated the rights of the citizens during the red scare. Overall, it was interesting to see your take on the Cold War.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all three of you. However, I have a question the propose; how did Senator McCarthy's position as a civilian, affect his outlook in the Red scare? It was really interesting to read about McCarthy and the Red Scare. Why do you think Communism was so prominent during the cold war other than the influence of the U.S.S.R.? Why do you think multiple countries chose to support communist ideals only to ask for help later, to rid themselves of it?

    ReplyDelete