Saturday, December 6, 2014
Immigration
At one point in American History, there were several immigrants of all kinds flooding into the United States. This is a good thing for us, and for the immigrants, in my opinion. The nation receives more workforce, and the immigrants get new opportunities. Immigrants look to America because America seems to be synonymous with equality and freedom, as per the United States constitution. Most likely, the immigrants faced persecution or limited opportunities in their countries. America symbolizes the ability to be given a fair chance at making good money with hard work as well, often referred to as the American Dream. While some people disliked immigration at the time, I favor it. Despite the atrocious conditions for many immigrant without adequate pay, it is always possible to move up and gain higher ranking. This is especially important for me, because I have immigrant parents, I am a first generation American. My dad could gave gotten a good job in Pakistan, but he chose to come to America to pursue a university degree and get a job here. Today, we are doing well, and we are likely better off here than living in Pakistan. In conclusion, Immigrants come to America to pursue career opportunities and certain freedoms that may not be available in their home countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that immigration was very beneficial for both Americans and Immigrants. Immigrants viewed America as a gateway to a a new and better life. Your story of immigration is very similar to mine as I am also first generation American as well and I see this as a better life than the one I would have in Pakistan.
ReplyDeleteImmigration has made the U.S. a more diverse and culturally tolerant country. In the early days of immigration to the United States the people didn't always find what they were expecting to find; freedom and acceptance. They did find new opportunities and in time were given citizenship and equal rights. Immigration has improved a lot from the 1900s.
ReplyDelete